Know before you go!
- The rally starts at 10 a.m. and the march begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Starting at Lake Merritt Amphitheater, then heading up 14th Street to the Call to Action Alley at Frank Ogawa Plaza.
How to Get There:
- We strongly recommend public transportation. The closest BART station to the rally is Lake Merritt Amphitheater. The closest BART station to the Call to Action Alley is 12th Street.
- If you’re planning on riding your bike, we have a bike valet located at Frank Ogawa Plaza.
- The Uber and Lyft drop off and pick up point is at the Henry J Kaiser Convention Center lot. You can enter on 10th Street next to the Oakland Museum.
- Parking will be available for $1.50/hour from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Alco Parking Garage at 165 13th Street at Jackson Street.
Make sure to check out the map below to see how traffic will be impacted!
- There is built-in seating at Lake Merritt Amphitheater and an additional entrance to the rally for wheelchairs.
- ASL interpreters will be present during the rally.
- For more information, please visit our About the March page.
- Women’s March Oakland is family friendly! Should you and your child become separated, our volunteer Peace Ambassadors will bring them to the nearest Medical Station to wait for their parents.
- Use a sharpie to write important information on your forearm (especially helpful on children).
- See something? Say something to a peacekeeper or volunteer.
- Making the Women’s March a safe space for all kinds of people is critical to our success.
- We will not use violence (physical or verbal) towards any person.
- We will not destroy or damage property.
- We will promote a tone of respect, honesty, transparency, and accountability in
- our actions.
- We will not carry anything that can be construed as a weapon, nor possess (or
- consume) any alcohol or drugs.
- We are nonpartisan, and will use Women’s March Oakland primarily to express our support for women’s rights and human rights in our communities and the country, rather than to criticize politicians or political parties.
- We will all hold each other accountable to respecting these agreements.
Food & Water:
- There will be food trucks located at the start and end of the march with food for purchase.
- Federation Brewery is providing water at 14th and Alice and at the medical tent in Frank Ogawa Plaza. Please bring your own water bottle!
Can’t make it? We’ll be live streaming the event. Or you can join the viewing party at Laurel Bookstore at 1423 Broadway in Oakland.
Have other questions? Check out the March Page.
We can’t wait to see you tomorrow!